Past Volunteer Experiences!
An ideal conservation program for anyone who is looking for an authentic African wildlife experience. Live on a game reserve that boasts thousands of wild animals, including all of the Big 5 – lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo. Volunteers will work side by side game rangers to monitor animals and complete data collection on a 25,000ha game reserve as well as learn about how the African eco-system works.
Volunteers work closely with certified game rangers to collect data and observations regarding animals; including the Big 5, on the reserve. Volunteers will go on daily game drives and bush walks to track animals in order to gather crucial data that is shared with researchers and students.
Accommodation & Meals
Sleep in the wild.
Volunteers will live in comfortable shared rooms (2-3 people) with communal bathrooms when staying at the main research camp. Volunteers will also have an opportunity to stay in an eco-friendly tented camp when working on the monitoring team.
Included in this program are 3 meals daily; breakfast, lunch and dinner. Volunteers will work together and on a schedule to prepare food daily. If you have any dietary requirements please make us aware prior to your arrival.
Explore the area.
- Blyde River Canyon
- Reptile Centre
- Cheetah Sanctuary
- Kruger National Park day trip
Please note excursions are at an additional cost.
We take care of everything.
- 3 meals daily
- 24 hour emergency contact
- Generous program donation
- 2 Airport Transfers
- Fun and exciting lifetime experience
- All Day
- Volunteers arrive at the facility. Upon arrival volunteers will be welcomed and shown to their accommodation. Once settled in, volunteers are given a full orientation and learn about the weeks activities and their duties.
Tuesday - Saturday
- 6:00AM - 10:00AM
- Field work including tracking animals, reserve maintenance and data collection.
- 10:00AM - 3:00PM
- At base camp entering animal data, eating lunch and resting etc.
- 3:00PM - 7:00PM
- Back out in the field for a game drive and animal tracking.
- All Day
- Volunteers are given this day off to relax at the accommodation to swim and relax.
|Schedule||6:00AM - 10:00AM||10:00AM - 3:00PM||3:00PM - 7:00PM|
|Monday||Volunteers arrive at the facility. Upon arrival volunteers will be welcomed and shown to their accommodation. Once settled in, volunteers are given a full orientation and learn about the weeks activities and their duties.|
|Tuesday - Saturday||Field work including tracking animals, reserve maintenance and data collection.||At base camp entering animal data, eating lunch and resting etc.||Back out in the field for a game drive and animal tracking.|
|Sunday||Volunteers are given this day off to relax at the accommodation to swim and relax.|