Volunteer Southern Africa offers people the opportunity to explore Southern Africa as more than a tourist – our volunteers become immersed in the culture by working with locals and other international volunteers to to help preserve and benefit the wildlife and local community.
Our company has been in business for almost a decade and has partnered with responsible and ethical animal conservation and social development programs across southern Africa. As an organization our highest priority is to ensure that each program we work with benefits from the support of volunteers both financially and through service work. With hundreds of programs being available, we want to ensure that our volunteers are participating and supporting programs whose greatest importance is animal, environmental and social conservation.
Why volunteer with Volunteers Southern Africa…
- VSA has developed strong long-term relationships with each program to be certain that a premium volunteer experience is delivered
- VSA representatives are constantly visiting each program to ensure programs are maintaining high level of standards and that volunteers are enjoying their experience
- VSA provides, honestly, accurate and up to date information to ensure volunteers are properly prepared prior to their arrival
- VSA allows volunteers the chance to experience the vibrant energy of southern Africa
- VSA provides support throughout the duration of a volunteers time in southern Africa
Most importantly, VSA ensures volunteers are looked after, happy and safe; giving volunteers the confidence to travel southern Africa!
Please check out our wildlife conservational PROGRAMS
Health & safety
Volunteer Southern Africa offers a safe and secure environment for all our volunteers to encounter this amazing continent, Africa.
A few common Health & Safety questions:
Canned lion hunting policy
Volunteer Southern Africa sees the care of all animals paramount. Therefore, we have not, do not, and will not ever, under any circumstances, support any facility that sells lions to the canned hunting industry, whether directly or indirectly. We will gladly investigate any and all claims of animal abuse or accusations that facilities we support are involved in. If it were to be discovered that one of our project locations is contributing in any sort of way to the atrociousness that is canned lion hunting, we would remove our company and our programs from the respective location effective immediately. Should you have any current proof that details any of our facilities working with, for, or in cooperation with the canned lion hunting industry, please reach out to us, as we would like to hear from you and subsequently take appropriate action.
Volunteer Southern Africa will continue to support the zero tolerance against animal abuse initiative and we vow to our volunteers that we will never associate them, as well as ourselves, with canned lion hunting.