Perfect for any animal lover, this program is situated on a quiet sanctuary in beautiful South Africa. Volunteers will assist with the care and maintenance of the many rescued and injured animals including elephants, lions, tigers, hyena, white lion and many more. In addition to caring for the animals, volunteers will assist with farm maintenance.
Volunteers will assist staff with various projects that will improve the living conditions of all our animals. Volunteers will be able to do elephant walks, horseback riding excursions, build shaded areas in the animal enclosures, assist with the exercise of the animals, watch the animal wranglers exercise the larger cats and help with various maintenance tasks around the sanctuary.
- All Day
- Volunteers arrive at the facility. Upon arrival volunteers will be welcomed and shown to their accommodation. Once settled in, volunteers are given a full orientation and will learn about the weeks activities.
Tuesday - Saturday
- 8:00AM - 9:00AM
- Horse and Elephant Maintenance, Lion Trek or Elephant Walk
- 9:00AM - 10:00AM
- 10:00AM - 12:30PM
- Morning activity; including, animal interaction, farm maintenance, lion training camp, enclosure cleaning etc.
- 12:30PM - 2:00PM
- 2:00PM - 5:00PM
- Afternoon activity; including, game drives, mud pool, bush walk, leopard’s cave hike etc.
- All Day
- Excursion (TBD at the beginning of each week)
- All Day
- Volunteers are given this day off to enjoy the pool and relax at the accommodation.
|Schedule||8:00AM - 9:00AM||9:00AM - 10:00AM||10:00AM - 12:30PM||12:30PM - 2:00PM||2:00PM - 5:00PM|
|Monday||Volunteers arrive at the facility. Upon arrival volunteers will be welcomed and shown to their accommodation. Once settled in, volunteers are given a full orientation and will learn about the weeks activities.|
|Tuesday - Saturday||Horse and Elephant Maintenance, Lion Trek or Elephant Walk||Breakfast||Morning activity; including, animal interaction, farm maintenance, lion training camp, enclosure cleaning etc.||Lunch||Afternoon activity; including, game drives, mud pool, bush walk, leopard’s cave hike etc.|
|Thursday||Excursion (TBD at the beginning of each week)|
|Sunday||Volunteers are given this day off to enjoy the pool and relax at the accommodation.|
Meals & Accommodation
Listen to the lions roar at night.
Volunteers will stay in shared rooms with 2 – 8 people per room. Each room is equipped with comfortable beds and electrified blankets for the winter. There are several communal bathrooms in the accommodation for volunteers to utilize.
Included in this program are 3 meals daily; breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you have any dietary requirements please make us aware prior to your arrival. Please note that if you wish to purchase any additional snacks there will be shop runs each week.
Experience the local culture.
- Monkey Sanctuary
- Quad Biking
- Cable Car
- Chameleon Village (curio shopping)
- Zip Lining
- Many more!
Please note excursions are at an additional cost.
We take care of everything.
- 3 meals daily
- 2 Airport Transfers
- VSA Crew t-shirt
- Generous program donation
- Volunteer Orientation on Arrival
- In Country 24 Hour Emergency Support
- Pre-departure Guide
- WIFI (1 GB/week)
- Fun and rewarding lifetime experience