Past Volunteer Experiences!
An ideal conservation program for anyone who is looking for an authentic African wildlife experience. Live on a game reserve that boasts thousands of wild animals, including all of the Big 5 – lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo.
Volunteers work closely with certified game rangers to collect data and observations regarding animals; including the Big 5, on the 25,000ha reserve. Volunteers will go on daily game drives and bush walks to track animals in order to gather crucial data that is shared with researchers and students.
Accommodation & Meals
Sleep in the wild.
At our main research camp, volunteers will stay in comfortable shared rooms with 2-3 other people with communal ensuite bathrooms. Depending on weather, volunteers will also have an opportunity to stay in an eco-friendly tented camp when working on the monitoring team.
Included in this program are 3 meals daily; breakfast, lunch and dinner. Volunteers will work together based on a schedule to prepare food daily for each other. If you have any dietary requirements please make us aware prior to your arrival.
Explore the area.
- Blyde River Canyon
- Reptile Centre
- Cheetah Sanctuary
- Kruger National Park day trip
Please note excursions are at an additional cost.
We take care of everything.
- 3 Meals Daily
- 24 Hour Emergency Contact
- Generous Program Donation
- 2 Airport Transfers
- Fun and exciting lifetime experience
To learn more about the program, check out our Pre Departure Guide.
- All Day
- Volunteers arrive at the facility and will be welcomed and shown to their accommodation. Once settled in, volunteers are given a full orientation and learn about the weeks activities and their duties.
Tuesday - Saturday
- 6:00AM - 10:00AM
- Field work including tracking animals, reserve maintenance and data collection.
- 10:00AM - 3:00PM
- At base camp entering animal data, eating lunch and resting etc.
- 3:00PM - 7:00PM
- Back out in the field for a game drive and animal tracking.
- All Day
- Volunteers are given this day off to relax at the accommodation to swim and relax.
|Schedule||6:00AM - 10:00AM||10:00AM - 3:00PM||3:00PM - 7:00PM|
|Monday||Volunteers arrive at the facility and will be welcomed and shown to their accommodation. Once settled in, volunteers are given a full orientation and learn about the weeks activities and their duties.|
|Tuesday - Saturday||Field work including tracking animals, reserve maintenance and data collection.||At base camp entering animal data, eating lunch and resting etc.||Back out in the field for a game drive and animal tracking.|
|Sunday||Volunteers are given this day off to relax at the accommodation to swim and relax.|